IMAGINE ME BEYOND WHAT YOU SEE™
10th Annual Body Image Art Competition & Awareness Project
Originally created in 2010 to promote healthy awareness and acceptance of body using mannequins to artistically reflect their perception of beauty and body image. Beginning in 2020 we expanded to include visual, three-dimensional, mixed media, poetry/spoken word, music and dance/performance art. iaedp™ especially national and international art therapists from eating disorders treatment centers, private practice, as well as all artists.
Entries are judged based on clarity of theme, creativity and originality, quality of composition/design/choreography/performance, overall impression and presentation. The Winner, Runner-Up, Honorable Mention and Professional’s Choice awards will be announced.
2020 Judges include Michelle Dean, MA, AR-BC, LPC, CGP, HLM (DVATA)/ Board Certified Art Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor and Certified Group Psychotherapist; Rebecca Cerra Tishman Interdisciplinary Artist, 2011 Imagine Me Winner & 2014 Imagine Me Runner Up; Carlus Houston, iaedp™ Member, Mental Health Professional and Spoken Word Artist.
Imagine Me Beyond What You See Coordinator/Curator – Blanche@iaedp.com
Read and Review 2020 Entries HERE.
- Entry 1 – Mannequin – “Reaching Within” by PHP Art Therapy Group, Veritas Collaborative Adult Hospital – Durham, NC
- Entry 2 – Mannequin – “Journey to Our Authentic Selves (Lettie)” Laura M Riss, PsyD/Kaiser Permanente- Atlanta, GA
- Entry 3 – Mannequin – “Home Sweet Home” by Rogers Behavioral Health – Oconomowoc, WI
- Entry 4 – Mannequin – “Resurgam” by Jeanine Cyze, strongly recovered eating disorders survivor – Celebration, Florida
- Entry 5 – Mannequin – “The illusion of an Eating Disorder” by Emerald Smith, Hidden River ED Res. – Chester, NJ
- Entry 6 – Dance – “Desert Rose” by Rebecca Brown, LCSW – Brooklyn, NY
- Entry 7 – Book Pages – “Innerland The Blueprint of Life” Madeleine Bowman, Shannon Bradley, ATR-BC, LCAT – NY, NY